Shri Jagdish Prasad Srivastava was amongst those devotees who came to Shri Nathji at Allahabad. He was the vice-principal of C.M.P. Degree College. Shri Nathji had been very pleased with his devotion ever since he had offered to go to Benaras to seek admission for HH Pran Nath, if he so desired. However the occasion never came. But Shri Nathji was pleased with the man’s bhaavnaa –the spirit behind his devotion. Shri Nathji always placed great emphasis on ‘bhaavnaa’, the spirit within a person, which was generated by real devotion.
With Shri Nathji’s blessings, Shri J.P. Srivastava later become the principal of of C.M.P. Degree College in 1957. The year 1957 saw the rise of a new era in the history of development of C.M.P. Degree College, when Sri J.P. Srivastava took over the reins as Principal from previous torch bearers. At that time, the institution was struggling hard to find its feet in the face of paucity of resources and lack of desired support. In 1957 the U.P. Government funded and Pandit Kamalapati Tripathi, the then Education Minister, Laid the foundation stone of the college hostel which was later inaugurated by Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru, the then Prime Minister and named after Dr. Sampurnanand, situated well within the College campus. In 1957 itself, the foundation of Chemistry department building was laid and the extension of Zoology and Physics Laboratories was taken up in 1958-59
C.M.P. Degree College (C.M.P. stands for Chaudhry Mahadev Prashad) is managed by a very progressive body- Kayastha Pathshala Trust, one of the biggest Trusts in Asia which manages a number of institutions all over India. It was established in 1873 by late Munshi Kali Prasad Kulbhaskar, a leading lawyer of Lucknow. The Trust has made commendable efforts to upgrade the academic excellence of the College. These are the photographs of the C.M.P. Degree College.