Friday 27 July 2012

Sheila Ramani V Ava Gardener


HH Priya Nathji had suggested that Sheila Ramani resembles the legendary Ava Gardener of Hollywood of that period. So I undertook research to find out the perfect photos of both actresses to correctly assess the similarity. I was looking for a photo of Ava Gardner  were she is wearing an Indian dress so that better similarity can be worked out with Sheila Ramani photos which are in India costumes. Luckily I found a photo of Hollywood icon Ava Gardner from her Bhowani Junction in 1956. It that she wore Indian dress for the part of her role shot in Lahore, Pakistan. I looked for a photo of Sheila Ramani from the same period and luckinly I found one from her movie Ghulam Begum Baadshah  which was shot in 1956, So here is the photo of both the actresses, from the same year 1956 and wearing Indian costumes. I think both are equally beautiful and have quite similar looks as Priya Nathji suggested.. Sheila Ramani has more healthy facial features, while Ava Gardner’s facial features are more sharper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment