Rai Bahadur Ugrasen was a famous barrister and businessman who was honoured with the title – Rai Bhadur by the British. He becomes the Chairman of Dehradun Municipality in the 1930’s. He is remembered as one of the best Mayors of Dehradun and his period of administration is regarded as the Golden period for development of Dehradoon. As chairman of Dehradun Nagar Pallika he built the two main shopping malls, Manda House Complex on a part of old Nashville Estate and Astley Hall Shopping Mall on Rajpur Road. He is also credited with bringing piped water into Dehradun municipality. He also had active support of two of his other close philanthropist friends who were his mates at AP Mission School. They were Rai Bahadur Chaudhary Sher Singh who was the chairman of the District Board. As chairman he took development to the rural areas. Most of the major roads in the villages were built during his time. He also opened many schools in the villages. His other friend Barrister Darshan Lal was the chairman of Mussoorie City Board. He increased the power generating capacity of Bhatta Falls. During his chairmanship the Dehradun-Mussoorie Road was extended up to Kingcraig from Bhatta. He was also instrumental in building the Landour Clock Tower. A road was named named as Rai Bahadur Ugrasen Marg by the residents of Dehradoon in honour of his services.
Rai Bahadur Ugrasen become greatly devoted to Shri Nathji and used to pay visit at Shri Nathji’s bungalow in Dehradoon. His association with Shri Nathji is
Rai Bahadur Ugrasen by the residents of Dehradoon in honour of his services. A road was named named as Rai Bahadur Ugrasen Marg