Of all the railway stations, Lahore Railway Station perhaps had been the most eventful in the lives of Shiri Nathji, Babaji Maharaj and Nath Bhaktas. It was here that many of Shri Nathji devotees would come to see him off to other destination like, Lucknow, Amritsar, etc. In 1937 Sohan Singh had come to see Shri Nathji off at Lahore Railway Station. A large crowd had gathered. Upon a sudden impulse, Shri Nathji said to Sohan Singh, "Sohan Singhji come with me." The faithful Sardar jumped into the train with only the shirt on his back. Shri Nathji was on his way to Calcutta.
Lahore Station was the place where many a Nath Bhaktas like Justice Rangilal would assemble to greet Him. It was here that a tongawalla would miraculously appeared to take Ganga Bai Bhatt, Dr. Purekar and Bal Ojarkar and his mother to Shri Nathji’s house in Anarkali, and disappeared much before they could pay him.
The Lahore Junction railway station in Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan, was built by British between 1859-1860 at the cost of half a million Rupees. It is the most important junction of Pakistan. This is where the railway line from Delhi bifurcates to Peshawar and Karachi. Also it is the headquarters of the Pakistan Railways. It is of typical grand British architecture in South Asia during the British Raj period. The railway network established by the British was extensive and is one of their lasting contributions to the culture and infrastructure of this region.
The railway station has 11 platforms (1 to 9, with 2 extra platforms, 3A and 6A). Platform No. 1 is of special importance, as this platform is the destination of "Samjhauta Express", the train service between Pakistan and India.
Lahore Junction railway station was commissioned by the British Government and construction was contracted to Main Mohammad Sultan Chagatai, a formal prince of the Royal Mughal Empire. The front portion was disliked by the government (as seen in older photographs) and was subsequently rebuilt by Sultan Mohammad from his own pocket.